If you were a visitor to your own website - what would you think?
Is your website an attractive storefront or is it a bit of a mess? Are the design and navigation easy or confusing?
Here are some things that indicate you may need to do some work on it or get someone to help with some updates
1. Visual design is poor or outdated, tiny pictures that don’t enlarge, horrible slideshow images, a common ‘boxed’ feel? Tiny font sizes, Can’t read the words on a mobile device? All are symptoms of older websites that were a great way back when they were built but - really, time for an update? Yes, it costs money but are your prospective customers turning away at first glance of your site and heading somewhere else? You need to create that “WOW - this website has got what I want” feeling.
2. Slow to load - Lots of factors here may be the cause of a slow loading website - your images might be large and need optimising (the most common cause)
3. Lack of Quality images - Time for some new ones - or a new website???
4. Your website could be too ‘busy’ - Todays’ websites are big, open, with lots of white space and fresh looking - is your website full of little bits of clutter here, there and everywhere? Gosh - where did I come from? How did I get here?
5. How’s your website navigation? Is it clear, consistent and easy to follow?
6. Content - Not enough, too much, doesn’t include keywords and phrases applicable to the page topic? Each of your pages should be a specific topic and have plenty of content based on that topic so your website visitor gets all the answers they are looking for.
7. Your website is not being found by website searches. A very common query by website owners - if you have an older website especially, it very likely had NO search engine optimisation features included. Years ago, we just built a website and hoped people would come. Now there’s so much competition out there to get people to your website, it has to be well optimised to include the required features to assist in obtaining web traffic.
8. Can people contact you easily? Every website should have contact details and a form of address that indicates where you are located. Google likes that!!
9. Security features overlooked. All websites should have some form of Firewall, a Captcha test on forms and login security.
So did you check your website out?
Let us know if we can help you fix some of these issues. That’s what we are here for!