Clients are often concerned at why their website is not ranking higher on Google Search results.
Here's just some of the features you need to start making that
happen - and these are nothing to do with PAID SEO - that's a whole
- Have a domain name which contains your keywords.
- Move your site to HTTPS if you use the personal data of users online.
- Have Google and Bing Webmaster Tools accounts.
- Use Google Tag Manager to manage all of your site tracking activities in one place.
- Optimise the TITLEs of your pages for the targeted keywords.
- Use a Landing Page SEO report to check for the presence of keywords in the titles of your pages.
- Create unique and relevant META Description tags for each optimised page.
- Learn how to create the kinds of pages search engines want to rank highly
- Remove duplicate Description tags.
- Optimise the headings of your pages for targeted keywords.
- Optimise the BODY area of your website's pages.
- Optimise URL’s
- Carefully optimise the anchor text of your internal links for your targeted keywords.
- Evaluate the quality of your incoming links.
- Optimise image ALT tags and the Titles of your images for your targeted keywords.
- Choose the preferred domain (WWW vs. Non-WWW).
- Avoid duplicate content issues.
- Use the rel=canonical link to specify the preferred page to index.
- Optimise the internal linking structure of your site.
- Each page needs to have a moderate number of links pointing to external sites.
- Rewrite dynamic URLs to make them search-engine-friendly.
- Inspect your site for broken links and missing anchors.
- Optimise your site's speed. The faster the better!
- Use the Schema Markup to attract more visitors.
- Use the Open Graph Markup to control how your content appears in a social graph.
- Frequently update your site's content.
- Optimise your website for mobile devices.
- Remove all signs of Black-Hat from your site if you detect any.
- Use Google Search Console to associate a geographic location with your site.
- Add Rich Snippet markups for local search.
- Research competitor rankings.
- Analyse competitor backlink profiles.
- Track competitor traffic.
- Monitor competitor brand names and social activity.
Many of these are not easy to manage yourself and it can be costly to implement - there's loads of time and challenges involved.
Miniwebs has a reputable company we can refer you to if you'd like
to move forward with some of the more comprehensive work done by SEO
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like more information.